Wow! This recipe is one of my favorites, especially on a hot summer day. You will enjoy this delicious pasta salad. You can change the pasta and make it gluten free. Enjoy this nutritious and delicious salad.
- 1 12 0z bow tie pasta or pasta of choice cooked, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4-5 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- Diced avocados
- Sliced Olives (Optional)
- 1 cup of cold water (for oil substitute base)
- 2 tsp cornstarch (for oil substitute base)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt or herbal salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp paprika
Ingredients for Italian Dressing
- Mix the water and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium/high heat until thickened and clear. This will thicken even more when chilled. This is the oil substitute!
- Use the oil substitute above and mix in with the lemon, garlic, salt, dried basil and paprika.
- Place the pasta in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, onions, avocados, and basil.
- Wait until dressing has cooled and add to pasta salad.
Start to Serve time:
|20 minutes||15 minutes||Easy|