Nutritious, Delicious and easy to make! Enjoy this Quinoa Salad with crackers, tostadas or bread. Super light and tasty. Quinoa cooks faster than brown rice, so it's perfect for a busy day.
- 3 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1 ½ cups of quinoa
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup lightly steamed broccoli
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Put quinoa in vegetable broth until it boils. At medium heat cover the quinoa and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While quinoa is cooking whisk lemon juice, garlic, olive oil (if using) and salt.
- When quinoa is finished cooking , allow to cool, then toss with vegetables and lemon juice mix, stirring to combine well. Add more salt to taste.
Start to Serve time:
|20 minutes||15 minutes||Easy|