Your internet conection speed will determine the quality of the video and buffering.
How about a hearty salad for lunch? This taco salad is a main meal on it's own. You can substitute any dressing or chips for your favorite ones. Here is something everyone will like.
- 2 cups of tvp
- 1-2 Tbs of Braggs if tvp unsalted or water if tvp salted
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Salt if tvp is unsalted
- Mixed greens of choice or lettuce
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 can kidney, black, red or pinto beans
- Sliced olives
- Salsa (store-bought or homemade)
- Vegan sour cream
- Corn chips
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Soak textured vegetable protein with warm water until soft. Drain any excess water. Add Braggs soy sauce to bottom of a non-stick skillet add tvp and let it brown. Add garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and paprika. Mix well and stir constantly so it will not burn.
- In a plate, place greens, chips, tvp, beans, tomatoes, onion, olives, avocadoes, sour cream and salsa. Layer it.
- Option 2: In a bowl combine greens or lettuce, beans, tomatoes, onion, olives, avocadoes and right before you serve it add the tvp, chips, sour cream and salsa. You can also mix in your favorite dressing.
Start to Serve time:
|25 minutes||0 minutes||Easy|