This is one of my favorite soups! I love having a bowl of minestrone soup with warm bread and a salad. Just tasty! A wonderful recipe for all ocassions. Pair this soup with a crispy Romain salad and some breadsticks and you have a wonderful, healthy, and light supper. Let us know what you think.
- 1 (15 ounce) can red Kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Optional)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ teaspoon vegan chickenish seasoning
- 2-3 cups cooked small shell pasta
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add onion and let soften for 2 minutes. Add celery, garlic, carrots and zucchini until onions are translucent.
- Add water or vegetable broth to pot, plus tomatoes, beans, cabbage and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow simmering for 35 to 40 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Add cooked pasta shells and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Start to Serve time:
|1.5 hours||1 hour||Beginner|