Rice and Vegetables
Here is a very easy recipe but tasty. This recipe is great with a salad and you can and any vegetables you desire. I recommend that you vary the recipe using different vegetables and seasonings and vary the tofu using gluten or soy meat.
Recipe and Ingredients
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 8 cups of brown rice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 16 oz bag of oriental frozen vegetables, thawed
- 2 teaspoons of vegetarian "chicken" seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 pound of extra-firm tofu
- Pour rice into a 9x13 casserole dish and add water and salt. Stir, cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil into a non stick skillet. Cut tofu into squares and let it sauté with the chicken seasoning and 1 tablespoon of Braggs until brown.
- Take tofu add and add your vegetables into skillet until they are well cooked.
- Put the rice in with the vegetable, the soy sauce and more seasoning if desired.
- Mix well and let cook for 3 minutes. Add your tofu, mix and leave for 2 more minutes.
- Serve warm and add cashews or peanuts and/or basil.
Start to serve time:
|1.5 hours||1.5 hours||Beginner|