Recipe & Instructions
- ¼ cup gluten flour
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 ¾ cups very warm water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour + 2 cups of unbleached white flour
- Mix the gluten flour, unbleached flour, oats, yeast and salt.
- Add the water, honey and applesauce. Stir for 3 minutes until the oats soften.
- Add more flour interchanging and mix thoroughly. Knead for 8-10 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let rest for 40 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch down dough and shape into two loaves. Let rise for 45 more minutes, and then bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until brown.
Start to Serve time:
|20 minutes||15 minutes||Easy|