Yummy… serve it with a delicious salad and breadsticks. This recipe can be adapted according to your taste. You will not fail with this recipe. It is delicious for children as well as the uh... 'older' children. Enjoy!
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats or quick oats
- 2 tablespoons of apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ½ cup vegan cheese (optional)
- Vegan ham or turkey slices
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- Mix the warm water, yeast and honey in a bowl. Wisk in the oats, applesauce and salt.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Add the flour one cup at a time.
- Put on a floured board and knead for 8 minutes. Adding more flour until you have an elastic non sticky dough.
- Place in a greased bowl; cover and let rise for 50 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, cut your filling ingredients.
- When dough has risen for 50 minutes take it out and roll it into a rectangle. Put it on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper.
- Place the filling in the middle of the rectangle. Cut out ½ inch strips on the sides of the rectangle.
- Tuck in the ends and begin making a braid on top of the filling, crossing over one strip and then the other on top.
- When you braid is completely done brush with soy milk and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
Start to Serve time:
|4 hours||2.5 hours||Experienced|