- 1 teaspoon olive oil or water
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, undrained
- 6 Whole wheat flour medium size tortillas
- Tofu cottage cheese or vegan cheese
- Favorite Salsa
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Turn oven on to 450F and put your pizza stone or pizza pan inside.
- In a small saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat or add water instead of oil. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook until tender.
- Add your beans and mash with a potato masher. Make the mixture spreadable but leaving it chunky.
- One Tortilla at a time add one layer of beans and your tofu cheese or vegan cheese substitute.
- Transfer tortilla to the pizza stone or a baking sheet. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly and edges are crisp and toasty. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Transfer tortilla to a cutting board; let it cool for 1 minute. Top with salsa, shredded lettuce and cilantro.
Start to Serve time:
|15 minutes||5 minutes||Easy|