Black Bean Burger
Kids love Burgers! I finally found this burger recipe that is better than any I have tried. My children loved it. Make some homemade French fries and ketchup to go with it and you are set. Simple, tasty and delicious!
- 1 cup of cooked gluten
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ to 1 cup of bread crumbs or 2 slices of toasted bread
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt (or regular salt) or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Egg replacer
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté onion until soft, add garlic and cook a few more minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add gluten, black beans, bread crumbs, flour, basil salt, egg replacer and paprika in the food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together. Transfer to a bowl and adjust salt.
- For your patties with the palms of your hands making sure your hands are clean every time you make a new one, so they will not stick.
- Heat your oil and put your patties in the nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry your patties until browned on both sides.
Start to Serve time:
|35 minutes||5 minutes||Beginner|